About Me

A day of window shopping led to an aromatherapy store. A delightful scent, an impulse purchase, and a late evening spent dreaming led eventually to the creation of Scents and Sensibility.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Exploding Perfume!!

After Vintage's experience sniffing near pure vodka on the two day mark, I was more cautious.  I approached the craft room table carefully, only to find that my perfume, left unattended in an air tight container for two days, had burst the lid off the container.   As I cleaned up that little mess I decided that I liked the smell, in which I could detect only faint trace of the $6.00 vodka, but felt a few changes were in order.   I ignored the directions which told me to leave it alone, and added as I pleased. A week passed, and my perfume was done. And near perfect!

I've worn it a few times, and here's what I learned...
-if I want the citrus or vanilla to linger more than a second, we need to buy essential oils, not fragrence oils
-I want to add some pine and some clove next time
-NEVER let your mom store your perfume in a partially opened container (re: exploding perfume above) on top of the dryer. My whole basement, which contains my bedroom, smelled of perfume for 3.5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment